20111031

Brighton Rock, 2010


"Scared?"
"Not when I'm with you"

Having watched the movie without seeing the trailer beforehand I found it a little surprising that this movie is quite good. Thumbs up! Though it's primarily categorised in the crime/drama genre, I somehow was a bit drawn to the little element of romance in it. The tragic love story between Rose and Pinkie (or so, how Rose thought there is such) is a plain example of how love can be blind. (Yep, that's right, the main cast's name is Pinkie - I know right, sounded a little too sissy for a murderer's name!) And the ending was perfect, perfect to conclude the whole story, I very much loved it. (Although I bet some will disagree.) Don't know how I've missed this one, being an avid IMDb subscriber myself. The setting was else, beautiful - mid 1960s Brighton in Southern England. (One of the places I plan to visit someday! - a pretty as a picture seaside town) Non trivial fact, it was set right in the middle of the Mods & Rockers clash - which I was clueless about, until I watched the movie and did some reading on it. Okay la not proper reading pun I googled. Heheh. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment